JOB POSTING: TECHNICAL DIRECTOR, BASEBALL NOVA SCOTIA
TECHNICAL DIRECTOR– BASEBALL NOVA SCOTIA
Application deadline: January 19th, 2018
Target Starting Date: February 19th, 2018
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Baseball Nova Scotia Technical Director role is a comprehensive, multi-faceted role with broad responsibilities for the overall development of baseball in Nova Scotia. This role will be based out of the Baseball Nova Scotia office (Halifax) working as part of a team of employees focused on serving the member Associations of the province in developing, administering, and growing the sport of baseball in Nova Scotia. Specific areas of responsibility include:
• Lead the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) and organize and deliver coaches clinics across Nova Scotia
• Provide ongoing support and mentorship to coaches at all levels across the province.
• Maintain records and monitor progress of coaches to ensure coaching accreditation requirements of Baseball Nova Scotia are met.
• Develop professional development opportunities for coaches across the province.
• Develop and execute strategies to increase the level of participation in baseball at the grassroots level.
• Develop, implement, and maintain the efficient operation of Baseball Nova Scotia camps and sports outreach clinics (Winterball program, etc.)
• Identify key contacts and maintain effective relationships with baseball coaches and grassroots Association members across Nova Scotia.
• Develop plans to enhance grassroots development in baseball by effectively promoting the Rally Cap, My First Pitch, and other programs developed by Baseball Canada.
• Lead implementation of the Rally Cap, Grand Slam, and other Board approved programs for the development of baseball within member Associations.
• Lead implementation of Winterball Program in K-6 schools within member Association’s geographical boundaries.
• Create and develop activities and programs which grow and maintain participation in the sport of baseball throughout Nova Scotia.
• Direct the high performance program including the recruiting of high performance athletes and coaches.
• Lead the selection and development of all coaches and assistant coaches for the high performance programs.
• Participate in high performance selection camps to ensure proper evaluation procedures are being met.
• Manage administration of discipline issues for BNS high performance teams, including investigation of serious incidents, recommending sanctions, and coordinating resolution with all parties that need to be involved
• Mentor a minimum of 3 identified potential high performance coaches annually.
• Intra-provincial travel, including but not limited to National meetings, conferences, National Championships, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree in Sport or Recreation Management, or related degree, or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Minimum of NCCP Provincial Trained at Comp Intro status is required (with
Competition Development certification to be completed within 6 months of employment)
• Proven ability to provide effective leadership and direction to both a paid and volunteer resource base.
Must possess excellent management and relationship building skills. Must be able to build and maintain credibility with key stakeholders such as baseball coaches across Nova Scotia.
• Proven ability to communicate effectively with all key stakeholders including Baseball Nova Scotia staff, Baseball Nova Scotia Board members, and member Association volunteers and staff, via written reports, formal and informal presentations and day to day interactions.
• Demonstrated ability in baseball program development, administration, and delivery. Must possess strong visionary and superb planning skills.
• Ability to manage multiple activities and programs at a time. Must be highly self-motivated and able to work well independently as well as in a team.
• Ability to flex work hours to support baseball activities during evenings and weekends as required, particularly during the program intensive in-season period.
• Must have a passion for baseball with an emphasis on support for grassroots athletes and coaches.
Salary and Benefits:
Will commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Baseball Nova Scotia
Only short listed candidate will be contacted