2008 Baseball Canada Senior Championship
August 20 - 24, 2008
TEAMS: (Players, Coaches, & Team Officials)
* Teams must be in Brandon, MB on Wednesday, August 20/08
* Accommodations provided at the Victoria Inn (Host hotel) located at 3550 Victoria Avenue, Brandon, Mb (204) 725-1532 or toll free 1-800-852-2710.
* Rooms will be available from Wednesday, August 20 until August 26 (Departure morning of the 26th)
* Transportation has been arranged for all teams (Players and Coaches ONLY). Transportation will be available to and from the Airport and for all events during the Championship.
* All meals will be the responsibility of the individual teams. Further meal arrangements will be posted as they are finalized.
* A Reception Banquet will be held at Host hotel Wednesday, August 20th. Complimentary tickets are provided for all Players, Coaches, and Chef de Missions, Umpires and Officials.
* Games will be played at Westbran Stadium (Championship Field) and Kinsmen Stadium. The fields are equipped with concessions stands, washrooms & first aid stations.
* Opening Ceremonies 7:45 p.m. Thursday, August 21st. All teams are required to be in full uniform.
* The Pre-Championship meeting will be held on Wednesday, August 20th at 5:00 p.m. A representative from every team is required. The meeting will take place at the Host hotel.
* Umpires must be in Brandon by 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, August 20th 2008. The pre-tournament meeting will be determined by the supervisors.
* Accommodations for umpires have been arranged for at a hotel near Westbran Stadium. They will be situated away from the players.
* Earlier arrivals and later departures must be made known to the Organizing Committee.
* Transportation for umpires to and from the airport and to and from games during the Championship will be taken care of by the Host organization.
* Umpires will be given a Meal Per Diem by the Host Committee to cover the meal costs during the Championship.
* The Victoria Inn has a limited number of rooms available for out of town spectators. Those rooms are on a first come first served basis. All others will be directed to the Royal Oak Inn.
* Game Tickets are as follows:
Tournament Passes: Adult - $35
Day Passes: Adult - $10
Game Passes: $5
* Baseball Canada National Sponsors
Easton (bat and gloves)
All-Star (catchers equipment)
* 2008 Championship Sponsors (listing forthcoming)