Host Committee President,
As chairman of the organizing committee of the 2013 Baseball Canada Midget Championships, I would like to welcome all the teams and their families.
On behalf of the organizing committe, I would like to thank Baseball Canada for their confidence in awarding another Championship to Trois-Rivières.
The organization of Trois-Rivières is very proud to meet this challenge and promises to provide all the efforts to ensure that this event is a great success.
I wish the best of luck to all the teams, that this championship is one of frank competition, in a sporting spirit healthy, so that each person takes away memorable experiences.
Chairperson of the Canadian Championship.
Baseball Canada Midget Championship
August 15-19, 2013
Teams: Players, Coaches, Chef
- The teams must be in Trois-Riviéres for 15:H00 hours Wednesday 14 August; the accreditation will be at the industrial building (neighbor of the Stadium Fernand Bedard) just before the opening banquet;
- Trois-Riviéres is situated between Montreal and Quebec City, 90 minute drive from either city;
- The Airport for Montreal is Dorval and the one for Quebec City is Ancienne Lorette;
- It is suggested to make your arrangements in advance and confirm to the organizing committee of your arrival time and if a transportation is necessary from the airport to the hosting site;
- The 22 members (18 players - 3 coaches and 1 chef) of each of the teams of Pool A will be hosted at: Hotel Governor, 975 Hart, Trois-Riviéres and each of the teams of the Pool B will be hosted at: Hotel Governor, 1100 Prom Of The St Maurice Shawinigan. The players will be 4 per room with toilet in each room;
- The accommodation is available from Wednesday 14 August to Monday 19 August. Return on Tuesday 20 August.
- The accommodation is available on Tuesday 13 August for the teams who arrive a day earlier. The costs for this night are the responsibility of the team.
- The transportation (school bus) will be provided to the teams who do not have their buses. The transport from/to the airport is also provided to the hosting site and to/from the field for the parties and for the workouts.
IMPORTANT: The teams arriving by bus will need to use their vehicle to move locally;
- Apart from the banquet of the Championship which will be held on Wednesday, August 14, the teams are responsible for meals during the championship;
- There will be meal service offered to the official site of the accommodation;
- The games will be played at the Fernand-Bedard stadium, the Leo Carbonneau stadium of St. Etienne des Grès and the Martin Bergeron park in the Cap-de-la-Madeleine sector ;
- The Stage Fernand Bedard is illuminated with an electronic whiteboard, has a press gallery and all the services of a stadium (washrooms, 4 rooms of players with showers and tunnel to go to the dugouts);
- SPECIAL FEATURES OF THE STAGE: The closure is at 317 feet on the lines, 342 and 372 feet in the center. The fence is 18 feet in height and the stadium can accommodate 4100 spectators seated;
- There is restaurant service and bar;
- The pre championship meeting will take place on Wednesday, August 14, at the Bâtisse Industrielle, immediately following the Opening ceremonies.
- The Championship banquet will take place at Bâtisse Industrielle, located on the Trois-Rivières Exposition Grounds, beside the stadium at 17h 00.
- The opening cérémonies will take place at 19h 00 in the Fernand-Bédard Stadium, prior to the Can-Am League game between the Trois-Rivières and the Québec City team.
- Umpires must arrive for 17H00 hours, Wednesday 14 August;
- Accommodation will to 2 umpires by house at the Hotel Super 8;
- The organizing committee is responsible for the cost of accommodation;
- The umpires must provide a credit card at the front desk for the cost of telephone calls, movies, or other;
- The transport of umpires from/to the airport and from/to the field will be provided by the organizing committee;
- The umpires will receive an amount of $40 per day for meals and this amount will be handed over by the organizing committee. The opening banquet is free for umpires;
- A room is available on site at the Stadium Fernand Bedard;
- The pre championship meeting will take place on Wednesday, August 14 (place and time to be determined). We will advise shortly.
Housing for parents and scouts:
- INFO OFFICE OF TOURISM TEL. : 1-819-375-1122
- Hotel Governor Trois-Riviéres TEL. : 1-819-379-4550
- Hotel Governor Shawinigan TEL. : 1-819-537-6000
- Hotel Super 8 TEL. : 1-819-377-5881
- Tournament pass: 35$, 25$ until August 10th if purchased at Plante Sports.
- Day pass: 10$
- Evening: 5$