OTTAWA, ON – For the 2008 season, Baseball Canada is introducing the “Reaching Baseball Ideals” program to all local baseball associations.
The RBI program is meant to ensure that local baseball associations apply core common criteria to ensure that consistent good practices are in place; to empower parents when choosing a local baseball association for their children; to ensure that RBI Accredited Associations are recognized through a common approach to branding; to provide a focus around which all baseball associations in Canada can come together to support good practices in working with children and young people and to promote and reward registration/membership within Baseball Canada, baseball’s national federation of sport, as well as within the Provincial Baseball Associations.
“I think if everybody buys in to this program, at the end of the day, it will make the game better for all the participants,” says David Laing, Program Director for Baseball BC.
“The better the experience we can create for the kids, the parents and the coaches, the better the outcome for everyone involved and that will reflect in the success that we’ll have at both the grassroots level and the high performance level.”
For 2008, RBI accreditation is awarded to local baseball associations that comply with minimum operating standards in four areas:
• Development Programs
• Membership with Baseball Canada
• Coaches Training
An Association can become Baseball Canada RBI Approved in 2008 by being a member in good standing with the Provincial Baseball Association (as recognized by Baseball Canada) and with Baseball Canada through the registration of all players, coaches and umpires participating in the local Association; fully utilizing the Rally Cap program as the main Initiation program for kids between 5 and 8; providing support to its coaches by driving them to the Baseball Canada NCCP Programs ensuring that all Rep level coaches are properly certified as per Baseball Canada requirements and that all house league/community programs have at least one coach per team who have completed the Initiation Coach level at minimum; providing access to all programs to boys and girls at any age and supports and uses the Baseball Canada pitch counts for the Mosquito and Pee-Wee divisions.
There is no cost associated in applying to become a RBI Baseball Canada Association and there are no other fees attached to this program.
There are plenty of benefits in becoming a RBI Approved Association for 2008. Here are some of the benefits:
• Get 1 free NCCP On-line Module access code when you purchase 10 access codes
• Your Association will be provided permission to utilize the RBI designation and logo at registration, on all printed material as well as on your Association website for that season and a mention on Baseball Canada website
• Your association will be listed on the Baseball Canada and provincial Baseball websites as an RBI Approved Association
• You will receive 10% of any purchase at the Baseball Canada Club House Shop on all Association orders
• Your Association will receive one free dozen of Rally Caps per 100 ordered
• The Association with the greatest percentage of membership increase as of June 15th will get a full Baseball Canada day clinic for free in July (value of $2000) including drinks, snacks, coaching, hats, t-shirts and more
• Baseball Canada will promote the list of RBI Approved Associations to Provincial Sport Offices as well as the local/municipal park and recreation department
In order to become a RBI Approved Association for 2008, simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org addressing all the criteria mentioned above. Baseball Canada will contact you to approve your Association or to ask additional questions.